The Devil Facial Tumour Disease threatens to wipe the Tasmanian devil off the planet.• First signs of Devil Facial Tumour Disease observed in North-East in 1996.
• DFTD is a contagious cancer restricted to Tasmanian devils.Small lumps in and around the mouth develop into large tumours and death usually follows within months.
• DFTD is spread between individuals by biting.
• More than half the devil population wiped out by DFTD.
• The disease has been confirmed at 60 different locations across 59 per cent of the State, not yet to the West Coast.
• If trends continue likely to spread across the devil population in five to 10 years.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.